Pages

Tuesday 1 March 2016

February Favourites


FEBRUARY FAVOURITES!!!


I don't have any blisters but I have been lurking on the skincareaddict subreddit and they suggest using hydrocolloid band aids for pimples. They do work but only on pimples that have come to head ie pimples that have the white little tip. It's much better than squeezing your pimple. Squeezing is a terrible (albeit extremely satisfying) thing to do. Don't squeeze!!!! 

So yes, I do recommend this if you're suffering from breakouts especially hormonal ones. 


I'm a big advocate of applying sunscreen daily if you're leaving the house. Australia has one of the thinnest ozone layer!!! If that doesn't scare you then I don't know what will. 

Before using this sunscreen, I used to use the Olay complete defence moisturising lotion (SPF 30+) but I think that kinda broke my skin out which was weird because I was using it for a good two/three years. So, then I tried a few other sunscreens, mainly Neutrogena ones, and they broke me out as well. Stumbled upon this at the chemist and it was on sale so into my basket it went. So far so good!! Hasn't broken me out yet which is a huge plus point. It is very greasy, has a slight white cast typical of sunscreens and that familiar sunscreen smell. On the plus side, it's SPF 30 and is definitely moisturising!

PS, I try to use at least SPF 30 during summer and SPF 15 in the winter. 

Muji plain notebook

Every year, I get a notebook that becomes my dumping ground for pretty much everything; to-do-lists, random ideas, scraps of paper, anything really. Last year I got a cheapo one from Woolies. It was Picadilly brand if I remember correctly. I really loved it! Pretty good quality for the price but I left it in the trolley at Woolies (lol). I was going to buy the same notebook from Woolies but they don't stock the Picadilly notebooks anymore :( 

I just got this plain one from Muji. I'm really happy with it so far! The paper is super smooth like every other paper product from Muji and I like the ribbon bookmark. I would have preferred if the ribbon was a bit thicker but oh well, it works fine just as it is. I don't like notebooks with fancy designs, just a plain solid cover will do for me. If you're in the market for a plain notebook then have a look at Muji. 

Okay, this one is a slight cheat. I just finished the third book in the series (City of Dragons) and I love all three books so far. I've rated all three 5 stars on goodreads!!! I really really love them. When I finished reading the first book (Dragon Keeper), I just lied on my bed and gave a long satisfied sigh clutching the book close to my chest. It's amazing! It has dragons, sailing, love, adventures and so much more. Highly, highly recommend!!!

I'm so excited to read more of Hobb's works because according people on the internet, the rain wild chronicles isn't even her best work. 




No comments:

Post a Comment