Pages

Sunday 11 January 2015

Book Haul



My mum wanted to try Coconut House on Elizabeth St. And there was a bookstore close by as well. Being me, I obviously had to go in. Also bonus points because there was a sale going on. You can buy 6 books for $50!!! Such a good deal. I was crying in my heart because 1) I love buying books and 2) I love a good deal.

Silly me, I forgot to mention the name. The bookstore is The Book Grocer, the one on Elizabeth St. Seriously, if you're close to any of their branches then go into one of them and buy some books.

I got 5 books there. The one more book to make the 6 was my mum's purchase. So I'm only showing you 5 :P

Pale Fire by Vladimir Nabokov // goodreads

I love Nabokov's writing in Lolita so I just had to get this.

Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke // goodreads

I've read the first two book in the trilogy years and years ago. Hopefully, owning the book will motivate me to finish the series.

The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton // goodreads

I know nothing about this book. I picked it up because the cover is so pretty *heart eye emoji* and every time I go into the co-op at uni, this book is always on display.

The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides // goodreads

The description of this book on goodreads is super long. So I'll try to condense it for you. What I comprehend is that it's about three people and has parallels with 19th century romance. It's adult fiction. 

I picked up this book because I enjoyed The Virgin Suicides and wanted to try more Eugenides, Also, you guys should totally watch the Sofia Coppola adaptation of The Virgin Suicides because it's just gorgeous. 

Metamorphosis and Other Stories by Franz Kafka // goodreads

Kafka's writing is so strange but I still enjoy them. I didn't love The Trial but Metamorphosis has always been on my to read list.

If you've read any of these books, tell me what you thought of them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment