Pages

Thursday 22 January 2015

HPMOTW: Best spot to chill at Hogwarts


This is a meme hosted over at uncorkedthoughts!

If there was one fictional place that I would just kill to go to -it's Hogwarts! Definitely Hogwarts. No question asked, I don't even need to think about it. I could be doing the dishes and someone come
s up and ask me, 'hey buddy, what fictional place would you most like to go to'. I don't even need to stop scrubbing the dishes or wipe my hands. It's Hogwarts.

Hogwarts has always fascinated me. A castle!! Moving stairs!!! Secret common rooms!!! Anyway, that long as intro is just to tell you guys that I had a hard time picking just one spot for today's moment.

Do I go with the divination classroom, what with it's cozy fireplace, drapes that block the sunlight and air thick with incense and perfumes. It sounds like a nice place to take a nap on a cold winters day.

Or what about the kitchen where the house elves will willingly and happily whip up any dish that I demand. I love eating and that scenario sounds like heaven.

Or what about the Ravenclaw common room! I'm a Ravenclaw. Here just listen to this description from the last book:
"...Ravenclaw common room was wide, circular room, airier than any Harry had ever seen at Hogwarts. Graceful arched windows punctuated the walls, which were hung with blue and bronze silks: by day, the Ravenclaws would have a spectacular view of the surrounding mountains. The ceiling was domed and painted with stars, which were echoed in midnight-blue carpet. There were tables, chairs and bookcases..."
Honestly, how cool does a "ceiling painted with stars" sound like.

Or what about the library! I'm a real book nerd (duh, if not I wouldn't have started a blog about books) and chilling in the library sounds like an awesome idea! A library with a restricted section to boot! Come on, everybody knows that for a library to be a cool library, it needs to have its own restricted section filed with books that give a blood-curling scream when you open it! Other than that, just think about the books that the library holds. Books about dragons, curses and hexes and potions and so much more. I would love to peruse the Hogwart's library for days on end. I just hope that Madam Prince, the librarian, isn't constantly breathing down my neck as she seems to do that a lot to the trio in the books haha.

You see my problem? So many cool spots to chill at Hogwarts. I just can't pick one. It's a feat in itself that I've managed to narrow it down to 4 places. My initial list had like ten spots in it.

What are your favourite spots to chill at Hogwarts?

10 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on the library! Madam Pince is rather an annoyance, but I'd put up with her because...all of those amazing books! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea the pros of chilling in the library far outweighs the cons. in my head, I like to paint madam prince as a tired libraria who is fed up with school kids not taking good enough care of her precious books. haba

      Delete
  2. I totally know what you mean! Of all the books I read in my life, Hogwarts would always be the answer to 'which fictional place?'. Always. Not even a blink!
    And I get your dilemma which place to pick! I was the same - library, RoR, common rooms?! Kitchen sounds awesome, I agree! So many amazing places, really. As long as I get to be at Hogwarts at all, it really does not matter. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I agree 100%. Hogwarts is such a fantastic and magical place. I would even spend time in moaning myrtle's bathroom to /just/ be in Hogwarts.

      Delete
  3. Hogwarts would be amazing. I would definitely want to see every single place that you could while going there. The library would be fantastic, but Madam Pince would drive me to hanging out someplace with a little less adults around. The Ravenclaw common room would be fantastic as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'little less adults around'....i am an adult...i'm too old for Hogwarts :o but yes how amazing does the ravenclaw common room sound!!!

      Delete
  4. I would probably want to hang out in the Ravenclaw common room! That ceiling sounds amazing and of course, the bookcases sound nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, plus I'm pretty sure fellow Ravenclaws would be up to fangirling about books as well.

      Delete
  5. I was thinking that I should paint my bedroom like the dining hall!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do, please do share some pictures as that sounds freaking awesome!!!

      Delete